�If somebody offers you an opportunity; say yes, Learn how to do it later.�
Hillwoods School, Gandhinagar organised its inter-school mega competition festival �Hillwoods Fest� for the year 2019 on the 31st of August, Saturday. It covered diverse areas for students of classes 1st to 12th to compete in various disciplines.
The three major categories of the event were:
- Technozion: Infusing and lauding the disciplines of mathematics, science and information & technology to brainstorm creative ideas regarding today�s world�s pressing issues.
The Young Tinkers had impactful topics regarding the growing and prevailing watercrisis.
The TechnoBuzz had the students showcasing their talents with their grasp of IT and Computer Science.
The Group A category winner was Aadharshila School while in the Group B Category, Delhi Public School, Gandhinagar bagged the first place.
- Group A comprised of classes 6-8 with �Water Conservation� as their topic.
- Group B consisted of classes 9th to 12th with �Aqua Robot� as their topic.
- Synergy: Appreciating the various art of expression through our languages and the power ofspeech.
- TED Talk: Secondary students followed the motto of TED �ideas worth spreading ?as they expressed their views on the topic �WhatcanAdultsLearnfromKids??
Podar International School shone through the tough competition in the pool of talented orators and emerged as the winner.
- Vaad Vivad: Amongst the haze of foreign languages, Secondary students expressed how well they can comprehend and debate in the National Language on the deeply engrossing topic �Should Youth Consider Politics as a Career Option??
DPS Gandhinagar emerged as the winner.
- Kavi Sammelan: The event delighted everyone with an ice breaking performances of the budding poets, with hasya ras as the theme.
The team of poets of Podar International won this competition.
- Kalamanthan: Worshipping the ancient art and dance forms passed down from generation, and exploring our vast and unique heritage through the dramatic and theatricalarts.
- Sanskrit Solo Singing: Sanskrit, the language of Gods continues to be widely used as a ceremonial language in Hindu religious ritual. It was an effort to revive the language among the youngsters. Children presented melodious Sanskrit songs and charmed the audience.
- Poster Making: The students expressed deep messages through the display of their artistic hands on the topic �Every Drop Counts�. Aadharshila students won the first place.
- Cooking without Fire: Junior students prepared delicious treats without fire, but with plenty of flavours and spices.
- Group Dance: Junior students showcased their ability to infuse props with soulful music with their feet matching the beats.
The first position was bagged by the little champsof DPSGandhinagar and Ahmedabad Public School also displayed outstanding synchronization and stood second.
Distinguished guests and judges of various sciences and disciplines
graced the event and provided their expert and valuable judgment.
The event was highly engaging with the host school�s hard work, nine schools� hearty participation and enthusiastic participation of three hundred and fifty students.
At the end, the Co-ordinator Ms. Shilpa Kale proposed the vote of thanks to all the schools, judges, students and the helping staff for making �Hillwoods Fest 2k19� a successful event.